Thursday, November 16, 2017

Trump drinks water

The real headline is Japanese announced investments in United States amounting to eight billion dollars.



I cannot stand the Reddit site and I keep giving it chances. I don't understand the site. I don't understand the people. It fancies itself the front page of the world but I'm not seeing it. Every time I look into what's popular I leave right away feeling discouraged and a little bit more stupid. 

* Stephen Colbert destroys Donald Trump. [He does no such thing. And here again I have brought to my attention a person who I actively avoid with extreme prejudice. Same thing with YouTube trending.]

* Trump admn to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa. [Didn't read]

* Is it just me, or does Trump seem different since he came back from Asia [gif of Trump walking and transforming into Mortal Combat character, Shang Tsung]

* Thirsty Mr President, weird. [soundless loop, vapid comments about how Trump drinks.]

* PsBattle: Trump drinking water

* Coloradoans to Trump: "Hands off my birth control"

* Next time Marco Rubio should drink his water from a glass as opposed to a bottle -- would have much less negative impact 10:59 AM - 13 Feb 2013

* My roommate made a cat out out of foam.

Pages and pages of previous posts on Reddit when Trump was traveling and Reddit is clear of Trump posts, and I'm thinking, "What, nothing to say about Trump activities overseas? " Trump comes back and relates what he believes is important and all that Reddit contributors can see is Trump taking a sip of water. And zero about the content of his speech. And that is why I'm disgusted with the entire site. 

Here is something adults might like to know. 


Unrelated: A dream.





When the previous video stopped another video cued up and played. I fell asleep as it ran.

I dreamed I entered the Denver Art Museum next door. I'm there to join a group that will collect on the tenth floor (It doesn't have a 10th floor) to assemble, sign in, have cocktails, then go up to the eleventh floor to participate in a project having to do with constructing something a specific way for a specific purpose from toy Legos.

Entering the building I encounter a crowd. Everyone is dressed professionally. Elevator doors are opening all around but closing before I can get to them. (They're actually in one spot and easy to enter.) Finally one opens directly in front of me and I enter. It's already packed with people. Tall people. Each person is taller than me. Two are deaf and they recognize me. One is overjoyed to see me. He steps forward and with exaggerated glee grabs me and lifts me and crushes hard inside the elevator. The others inside watch this emotional outburst and half of them recognize me too. Turns out, all the other people on the elevator are deaf. They're all going to the same function. The rest of the dream is in sign language. My verbal speech is not used thereafter even though hearing people are all around. It's just easier and a lot more fun integrated with the deaf people. There is no reason for me to be their automatic interpreter. We can get away with a lot more irregular behavior.

Everyone acts a bit silly signing in and moving through rooms to get to our meeting room before going up to eleventh floor.

The rooms that we move through are beautiful. Much more beautiful than the actual DAM rooms loaded with actual art. The rooms that our group moves through are all decorated and furnished and appointed with objects more beautifully pulled together by the art experts who work there than professional home designers do. I marveled at the taste and balance and the real weight of history that each room created.

The dream broke down to confusion between deaf and hearing missing the marks of the reason that we assembled.  The two-part plan fell apart immediately. The first meeting room was a guy watching a big screen tv. The original cohesion dissipated. People wandered off in all directions and I woke up. 

3 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

* My roommate made a cat out out of foam.

That got my attention.

edutcher said...

This is why I avoid Reddit and let Chip look for me.

Chip suffers for my sins.

ken in tx said...

If you want to learn more reasons not to like reddit, make an innocuous comment and see an avalanche of snark and invective. The reddit community seems to consist of people stuck at the middle school level.